Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Last Day - by Maia & Charlotte

Maia here! So it’s really the end of our journey now. We got on the bus earlier than anyone would have liked to get up and headed back home to Indiana. We’re all kind of in disbelief that it’s coming to an end, though pretty much everyone’s looking forward to our own beds again. It’s been about a week since we left on this incredible journey and everyone’s become so connected in those days. Things are going to be so different when we get back. No more team meetings with this same group, no more crazy bus rides or random dance parties. It’s a big change.

But I guess that’s the beautiful thing. Now we get to bring everything we’ve learned to the rest of our lives. I’m pretty sure no team will ever be the same as everyone from LOG #1 New Jersey spreads out to different weekends in the fall. We definitely learned how to bond more than ever and it really changes the whole feel of the weekend. Now that we’ve done it on this team process, why shouldn’t it continue on? You know, even if we don’t have the same things forcing (in the good way!) us into it all.

Charlotte speaking. We’ve learned so much about ourselves and about each other. We may have come as a team, but we definitely left as a family. When emotions got high and we were all exhausted, and there was always someone to pick us up, and make us smile. God was so evident in this week, in the smiles, tears, and cuddle puddles. There were definitely some high nerves going into this week, would the New Jersey kids enjoy it all? Thank God they did! They’re all proud little lumberjacks now!

I’ve always been the kind of person who thought that my relationship with God was fine just the way it was, but as I sit on this bus on the last leg of the trip I realize, that it had so much more room for improvement, and LOG #1 New Jersey blessed me with just that. I cannot put into words how much I have grown to love each and every one of the members of this team, or should I say family. I’ll leave you with this last thing. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for the support and prayers. We couldn’t have done it without each of you. <3

Lots of love from the whole team (family)!
Maia and Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be sure to tell us who you are by selecting one of the options from the drop down box below the comment box.