Thursday, September 27, 2012

Who Am I?


Some of the L.O.G. #64 team members – who’s that squashed in the very middle??  Thanks to Cody for sharing this photo!

Mary Kate led us in our devotional time at the LOG #64 team meeting tonight.  She talked about self worth – referring to one of the lines in our theme song “Who Am I?” 

Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth,
Would care to know my name, would care to feel my hurt?
(Who Am I as recorded by Casting Crowns)

Mary Kate shared how if a younger sibling was to give one of us a piece of their artwork, most of us would make a big deal over it and tell the child how much we loved it even if it were rough and not perfect or pretty.  We’d do that because we loved them and they created the artwork – so we’d love the artwork.

She then reminded us that God loves us because he created us – and what’s more, loves us just the way we are – even as rough and imperfect as we might be.  God loves us and because of that we should love ourselves and stop trying to be something or someone else.

When I got home, Cody sent me the following Facebook message:

After tonight’s devotional, I began to think, what would life be like without me? (I don’t mean to sound suicidal).  But if I hadn’t come to LOG, I wouldn’t have met these people, and they wouldn't have met me. If I hadn’t been there for some of my friends today, they would be different. I just got to thinking how much someone’s life is really worth, not only to themselves, but to other people. If school bullies at school weren't there, the bullied would be a lot happier and not let down. idk its something i thought about the entire drive home.

God showed his love for us when he sent his only Son into the world to give us life. Real love isn’t our love for God, but his love for us. God sent his Son to be the sacrifice by which our sins are forgiven. Dear friends, since God loved us this much, we must love each other.  1 John 4: 9-11 CEV

And maybe we should add:  Dear friends, since God loved us this much, we must love ourselves.


1 comment:

  1. Amen and Amen.
    Wow - following Cody's comment: Thinking of all the lives that casually touch one person is mind blowing.
    Learning to see myself as God sees me, and then how His love in me can affect those casual contacts is going to be percolating through my brain this week!

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to tell us who you are by selecting one of the options from the drop down box below the comment box.