Monday, October 1, 2012

What's in a name?


L.O.G. teams always close with a prayer circle.  Sometimes we pray in smaller groups or with just one other. And I bet many if not most of these prayers end with the words, “In Jesus’ name we pray.  Amen”.

At my church yesterday, the pastor reminded us what it means to pray in Jesus’ name.  They are not some magic words that we throw in for good measure.  They are not a hash tag! 

To pray in Jesus’ name is to pray as Jesus would pray – for the things Jesus would pray about.  These prayers should reflect Jesus’ values and purpose. 

Dr. Mark D. Roberts writes, “So, when I say that I always pray “in Jesus’ name,” I am saying, first of all, that I approach the Father only through Jesus, only through what he has done for me on the cross. I hope that my prayers are also consistent with his will, though I recognize that my own agenda can intrude into my prayers fairly easily. Yet my desire is to bring my prayers more and more in line with what Jesus desires.” http://www.patheos.com/blogs/markdroberts/ 

Please be praying for our LOG teams – our CoLeaders, Spirit Leaders and team members – that we would bring glory to God as we serve him in this season of preparing for our LOG weekends. 

Please be praying that God will be working in the lives of the participants – those already signed up and those still to come. 

And please be praying for me and for M.Y.M – that our ministry will be pleasing to God and that God will bless us so we can continue to reach the youth of Michiana with the love of God through weekends that can last a lifetime.

We are certain that God will hear our prayers when we ask for what pleases him.  (1 John 5:14 CEV) 


Thanks to Alex for for both photos from the L.O.G. #63 team meeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be sure to tell us who you are by selecting one of the options from the drop down box below the comment box.