Friday, October 12, 2012

Hopefully Devoted to You



Most every L.O.G. Team meeting has time set aside for a “devo” – a time for devotions. 

We begin by singing – fun songs that bring us together and then worship songs that lead us closer to God.  Then someone shares some Scripture or a few thoughts about the L.O.G. theme or about life. 

Sometimes we all go off by ourselves for some “vertical” time.  Sometimes we break out into small groups to share with each other and listen to each other as we dig a little deeper into the ideas shared in the devo.

Although I know the value of alone time, I like it best when we break into small groups.  Doing so helps us to grow closer to each other as we share and pray together.  It also helps us to process what we heard in the devo by discussing it with others.  Often someone catches something that someone else missed or God speaks to one person though the thoughts expressed by another.

Please leave a comment and tell us something that you remember from one of the devos you’ve heard or one of the small groups in which you’ve participated.  It doesn’t have to be big or long – just share something that stuck with you or meant something to you. 

Bueller?  Bueller?

ps - if you don't see a comments box in which to type, click on the word "comments" near the bottom of this page to rad what others have written and add your own contribution.  You need to "identify" yourself using the drop down menu below the comment box.






1 comment:

  1. Pierce Frick wrote

    (I tried to post a comment on the blog but it wouldn't submit. I wrote this if you can get it up-)
    So tonight we were asked in our group time what would you feel if Jesus was with you in moments of joy, and a member of my group said they would feel paranoid about saying something they shouldn't in front of Jesus. That made me realize that I need to make changes in my life to make it so even though he isn't there with me that if he was it wouldn't make a difference. God is always with us and so I feel that I need to do that to help me take a step with God to do his will.

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to tell us who you are by selecting one of the options from the drop down box below the comment box.