Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A Warm Fire In A Cold World

Brrr - it's cold out!

Sitting in my (thankfully) warm home, I was reminded of this old song:

When I look at living and see the pain that people have to bear,
I look to You for their deliverance.
But your reply is simple, so defined;
it tells me to take the time to love them with a love like yours.

If I reflect a sense of unconcern, keeping your light hid,
remind me what I was before you.
‘Cause how could I keep secret, to myself, the Source of all that lives,
when all around are walking dead?

So, won’t you pour from me like a stream that never ends.
Brighten darkened corners where your light has never been.
And I want to draw people closer, drawn by your sweet love;
like a warm fire in a cold world.
Words and Music by Pete & Cindy Carlson
From the album:  Dreamer’s Dream 
© 1982 Word Music
(you can find the song on iTunes and Spotify if you want to hear it)



L.O.G. teams begin this week!  (see below for details)

L.O.G. is a great way to bring the warmth of the love of God to people that you know and care about.  Registration will be open by the first team meetings.



LOG #72 team begins this Thursday, January 9
- 7-9pm at Evangel Heights UMC (114  N Ironwood, SB)

Teams for LOG #71 and - LOG #73 begin this coming Sunday, January 12
- #71 - 2-4pm at Firehouse (17646 Cleveland Road, SB)
- #73 - 4:30pm - 6:30pm at Firehouse (17646 Cleveland Road, SB)

 -------

Connections: An Intimate Look at Relationships
A weekend for senior highs
in which we’ll look at our most intimate relationships:
spiritual, emotional and sexual

- February 7-9, 2014
- Faith Community Church
- $35.00
- open to friends who have not yet attended a LOG weekend
- register:  www.michianayouth.org/events

---------

Yay!  I'm up to 40 followers on Twitter!  Jump on the bandwagon!!!
- remember - I won't follow you unless you ask me to do so.
- find me at mym4log

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be sure to tell us who you are by selecting one of the options from the drop down box below the comment box.