Monday, October 28, 2013

What I Learned Last Weekend




Last weekend, I traveled to the Cleveland, OH area to observe a youth leadership training retreat.  Leadership training is an area I want LOG to focus on in the future, so I went to see what I could learn.

I learned a lot!
- I learned a few new games and activities
- I was reminded of the value of experiential learning vs traditional classroom style
- I picked up some good ideas about how to train leaders
- I made connection with a couple of new colleagues in ministry

But I really learned was that I love LOG!

I love what we do - I love how we do things.  

I love who we are - students, adults, friends.

I enjoyed being in Ohio - but I missed being with you.  

I am so grateful to God for the privilege of leading MYM and sharing in the Love Of God the way we do.  I am so thankful for each one of you and for the time we have together.

I am so proud of what we've done - of the community that we have and the joy we find in serving God in the unique and special way we call LOG.

I can't wait to see you next time!

Scroll down to see some more of Lucy's photos from the LOG #69 team meeting (we really need someone to shoot pics for us at #70 team) but be sure to check out the important info between here and there.  As we get closer to the weekends, there will be lots to keep in mind so don't skip the info ...

---

THE LAST Tuesday Tune-Up: 7:00pm - 8:30pm at Albright UMC in Mishawaka
**** for more info, see the previous LOGBlog post

Snacks for Team Meetings:
LOG #69 - Zoé Z and ______________  (this is our last team meeting / dedication)
LOG #70 - Lauren Str & John P (remember - we do not start until 7:30pm)

Next to last Notre Dame Game:  Saturday, November2

Please remember to return:
- parent-help-with-a-meal form
- medical form
- $65 team fee

MYM / LOG spirit wear
You can place online orders through November 26th for delivery before Christmas.
http://www.sportsindiana.com/webstore/MYM_LOGwear.html

Do You Tweet? 
I still only have 15 followers and am starting to feel un-loved!  Plus - it's another good way to keep up on stuff as we get close to our weekends.  Please follow me!

 ---

 
This is Lucy (and Jolai).  Now you know why SHE takes the photos!  (jk) Thanks, Lucy!



3 comments:

  1. Cute comment Terr Bear ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed the brochure/handout on Spirit Wear this time. Can you post a link?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is the link: http://www.sportsindiana.com/webstore/MYM_LOGwear.html

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to tell us who you are by selecting one of the options from the drop down box below the comment box.